UMKC School of Law seeks a highly motivated candidate to serve as a career services professional in the Professional & Career Development Center (Career Center). The Associate Director serves a critical role on the Career Center team, facilitating the professional and career education of law students while building relationships with alumni and prospective employers in the business, government, public interest, and legal community. The Associate Director reports to the Director of the Professional & Career Development Center.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and strengthening relationships with employers to better understand the job market and create opportunities for law students and recent graduates;
- Providing one-on-one career counseling and coaching to law students and law alumni;
- Acting as an advocate for students and alumni of all backgrounds, interests, and levels of achievement in their efforts to secure meaningful professional employment;
- Researching and analyzing trends in legal and law-related hiring markets;
- Collecting and reporting statistics for accreditation and other purposes; and
- Collaborating with faculty and other departments
-A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
-Master’s degree, preferably in Guidance and Counseling or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. A Juris Doctor degree with law practice experience is highly preferred. Experience in career advising/counseling is necessary, but can be met by counseling of interns, clerks, or junior associates.
- J.D. degree with legal experience (preferably in more than one practice setting) (highly preferred);
- Knowledge of the legal community and legal industry;
- Professional recruitment experience;
- Demonstrated exceptional human relations, communications, networking, and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of trends in legal employment opportunities and connections within the legal community and industry;
- Genuine interest in serving the student and alumni population;
- Familiarity with computers and electronic communications; and
- Highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
This is a full-time position, and the salary range is: $46,600 – $52,00
The full job posting is at: https://myhr.umsystem.edu/psp/tamext/KCITY/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=7