BAKER STERCHI COWDEN & RICE
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI OFFICE
Deadline：March 30, 2018
Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, a civil litigation defense firm headquartered in Kansas City for over 35 years, seeks an organized, highly motivated and results oriented individual who is interested in representing clients in civil litigation and other legal proceedings. Must be licensed in Kansas and Missouri with at least five years of civil litigation experience, including taking depositions and participating in hearings. Strong research and writing skills required. The firm offers competitive salaries and a number of benefits, including insurance and 401(k) retirement with matching.
Desired Skills and Experience
- • At least five years of civil litigation experience
- • Experience taking depositions and participating in hearings
- • Missouri and Kansas Bar admission
- • Strong research and writing skills
We are not working with outside recruiters on this position. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. About Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, LLC Founded in 1982, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice LLC is a recognized leader in the defense of civil litigation. Centrally located in Missouri and Kansas, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice attorneys practice throughout the United States serving national, regional and local companies and professionals in a variety of industries including the aviation; automotive and transportation; construction; consumer products and services; insurance; pharmaceutical and medical device; and retail industries.
Employment Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration / Associate / Kansas City
Polsinelli, a top AmLaw 100 national law firm, is seeking a highly-qualified and motivated associate for our Employment Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration practice group in our Kansas City office. This opening is for J.D. class years 2012-2014. Labor and employment litigation with a strong background in wage and hour collective actions is a requirement for this position. Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, experience in a law firm or similar environment and superior writing, communication and problem-solving skills. Relocation support is available for highly qualified candidates. Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample via polsinelli.com directed to Cristy M. Johnson, Director of Firm-Wide Legal Recruiting.
Bilingual Staff Attorney
Desired Start Date: As early as March 1, 2018
Application Deadline: Rolling, but interviews will begin the week of Feb. 19
The Migrant and Immigrant Community Action Project (MICA Project) is a community organization committed to working with low-income immigrants to overcome barriers to justice. The MICA Project utilizes legal services, organizing, advocacy, and education to promote the voice and human dignity of immigrant communities.
The Immigration Staff Attorney works with clients to provide immigration legal services through direct representation in applications for immigration benefits before USCIS and direct representation for immigrants and their families facing immigration removal proceedings in Immigration Court. The Staff Attorney will also participate in the organization’s Community Outreach Program, providing Know Your Rights presentations and community workshops as needed and in collaboration with community partners.
Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer individuals are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal representation to clients in immigration matters, coordinate and manage caseload;
- Supervise assigned volunteers and interns;
- Conduct individual client interviews and follow-up appointments;
- Prepare various immigration filings, documents, applications, packets and liaising with government agencies;
- Prepare all legal documents, including (but not limited to) briefs, petitions, motions, applications and appeals;
- Participate in community awareness and outreach efforts as needed, including group processing events;
- Maintain grant reporting data on clients and services;
- Prepare and submit reports to program funders;
- Participate in relevant immigration training in order to keep current with immigration laws and regulations;
- Maintain professional contacts in local and national immigration community, as well as attend immigration taskforce and USCIS meetings;
- Be responsible for ensuring strict client confidentiality; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Education: J.D. from an accredited ABA institute
- Preferred Experience: 2-5 years of general immigration law practice experience – law school clinic work, externships, or other similar training may be counted towards the minimum requirement. Experience with criminal defense, family law, or litigation in combination with a willingness to learn immigration law will also be considered.
- Certification/Licensure: License to practice law in the United States required as of start date; Missouri license required within 6 months of start date.
- Experience in a multi-cultural setting or familiarity with multi-ethnic cultures is preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Language: Professional proficiency in Spanish and English reading, writing, and speaking required.
- Excellent verbal skills to effectively present information, respond to questions;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work in a diverse environment;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues and partners.
Annual Salary & Benefits:
Starting annual salary is $45,000. Benefits include paid vacation leave and PTO, health and dental insurance coverage, retirement account, and professional development opportunities.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references with contact information to email@example.com.