Asel is an associate tax attorney in the Kansas City office of Husch Blackwell LLP. Asel works on a broad range of Federal tax, state and local tax and tax controversy matters. Her experience includes:
- Advising on diligence matters in business acquisitions, reorganizations and divestitures
- Advising on state and local tax issues, including income tax, franchise tax, transfer tax, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, property tax
- Assisting with Federal income tax audits, state and local tax audits, protests and appeals
- Advising on tax issues related to production tax credits, investment tax credits and beginning of construction issues for renewable energy projects
- Assisting with preparation of Federal and state tax returns
- Advising on international tax issues, including withholding, compliance and reporting
- Advising on Federal and state issues related to tax-exempt organizations and tax exempt bond issuances
- Advising on formation and operation of IC-DISCs
Asel received her Bachelor of Science degree from Georgetown University in 2002, her J.D. from Washburn University in 2012 and her LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2013.
Asel serves as Vice Chair of the Tax Law Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association. She is also a member of the executive committee of the Heart of America Tax Institute and chair of the Tax Law Committee of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association. Asel is also founder and President of the Kansas City Tax Club.